Sofia Development Association is a resource centre for research, analyses, innovations and experiment, which creates conditions and encourages the constant dialogue between civil society, business, Sofia Municipality and academic institutions. The Association was established by Sofia Municipal Council Resolution № 348 as of 08.07.2010. It is an independent organization, registered by the Sofia City Court on 16.08.2010, company case 495/2010, in public benefit under the Not-for-Profit Legal Entities Act.
The Association’s objectives are:
- To contribute to the development of Sofia as a modern European city, carrying the spirit of Bulgarian history and culture;
- To aid the sustainable development, entrepreneurship and initiative of Sofia and its citizens;
- To promote the relationship between science, education and business as a factor for dynamic and sustainable growth by attracting the expert and scientific potential for solving short- and long-term problems of the city’s development;
- To set up forums for continuous dialogue among civil society, business, state institutions, and the municipal administration in order to build a social environment that respects the ethnic and cultural diversity of the region and modern democratic values;
- To form environmental culture and public milieu suitable for development, culture and sports in Sofia;
- To popularize urban development policies, train local communities and attract them for the mutual implementation of these policies.